Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mediterranean Grilled Veggies and Yes! More Brussel Sprouts

Sorry my finger is in the way...it was super windy!
I love to grill!  It has been so windy and rainy I haven't gotten to use my grill much.  Not to mention the big fat SIKE the weather did with the whole Its Spring!...never mind thing.  Any who tonight I braved the wind and made grilled chicken, veggies and grilled brussel sprouts.





Mediterranean Veggies

Take whatever you have handy...I did a

Large Handful of Spinach
1/2 Tomato Diced ( was going to do a whole one but couldn't find it so used my half from this mornings egg white dish...later found it in my pocket, yeah I don't know either...)
1 each squash and zucchini cubed
1 small onion diced
1 t Greek seasoning

Mix together, then spray the top of the bowl of veggies with Pam, I used olive oil Pam.  Then give it another toss.  This helps the veggies from sticking to the tin foil without adding any fat grams.  Spread your veggies out on a big sheet of tin foil, then fold edges up to make a pseudo pan.  Grill.  Top with crumbled feta...I used reduced fat.  WW PP** 1...this would have been 0 points but added the feta.

 Grilled Brussel Sprouts with Bacon

I kind of stole this dish from my parents.  I call Brussel Sprouts delicious mini cabbages.  My parents do this dish where you cut up cabbage into rectangular hunks and top with a strip of bacon, butter, and Lawry's seasoned salt.  Grill it and it is delicious.  I essentially did that but healthier and with sprouts.  I used what I had on hand.  I didn't have bacon but have this Tastefully Simple Bacon, Bacon, Bacon seasoning I used in its place. It worked OK but would definitely be better with the real deal.  Next time I will use turkey bacon.

1 bag fresh or frozen Brussel Sprouts ( I had frozen, no need to thaw)
1 T margarine
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
1-2 Slices of Turkey Bacon

If your sprouts are fresh, wash and cut off hard stems.  I divided the bag onto 3 separate sheets of tin foil.  Sprinkle with Lawry's, top with bacon and margarine.  Pull sides together and fold a few times.  Then pull up ends and fold so that no liquid will escape during grilling.  You are basically encasing it to steam in its own yummy goodness.  WW PP** 2 per package and that is a generous 2.


Check out my Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Grilled Chicken was super easy...marinade in teriyaki, garlic powder, and minced onion all day then grill.  WW PP** 3 for 3 oz portion

So for this entire fast meal we are up to a WW PP value of 6...I did extremely well today and had lots of points leftover so slabbed some margarine on ciabatta bread, sprinkled some garlic salt on it, and toasted it for a bad for you, carbalicious treat!  Buon appetito miei amici! 

**WW PP= Weight Watchers Plus Points Value

No comments:

Post a Comment