Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cantaloupe/Orange Afternoon Delight

I don't eat enough fruit.  One thing I like about this Weight Watchers gig I have started is that all veggies and fruit are zero points.  This means two things for me:  1)  That is freaking awesome because I have never met a veggie I don't like and 2)  Oooo a challenge, how many ways can I eat fruit and veggie things while keeping it 2 points or less.  There are many, many options but one I have been playing with lately is the smoothie.  I have a previous post on the Green Monster Smoothie that I love dearly.  Today though, I wanted something with just fruit and a lower point value.  As I do so often, I looked on my counter to see what was going to go bad soon and came up with the following.

1 cup cantaloupe
1 orange
1 T Fat Free Whipped Topping
1/4 cup milk
6 large cubes of ice

I threw it all in the blender and presto...I had a delicious and nutritious afternoon snack that will keep me full until dinner for a whopping Weight Watchers Points Plus value of 1 point.  Everything in this smoothie is 0 points except the milk.

So how did it turn out?  It is quite tasty however I peeled the orange and threw the whole thing in there.  There are chunks of orange that just wouldn't blend.  This is why I don't eat oranges that often, they get on my nerves with all of that fibrous white stuff that is hard to chew up...in the future I will cut it in half and juice it with my new handy dandy juicer thingy that I got on clearance at Target for under $2...originally it was $6.  That way I will get the juice and pulp but leave out all that chewy stuff.  What I love about smoothies is you can play around with them.  Tomorrow maybe I'll do mango banana...who knows what the future holds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment