Thursday, March 21, 2013

Why does no one else in the free world like brussel sprouts...

Ummm YUM!  Grilled chicken legs, ham and cheese stuffed zucchini boats, and roasted brussel sprouts. 
Made in 30 minutes and with a cranky baby on my hip that didn't want to be put down. 
Weight Watchers PointsPlus Breakdown 

1 Leg=2PP
1Boat=2PP
Brussel Sprouts=0PP

My plan was to eat what you see making my delicious and very filling dinner only 6 points...however the boats were DEVINE so I ate 2 of those and only one leg.  Brennan ate almost 3 legs, apparently they were that good.  For the little kids and my adult child I made a rice pilaf because they wouldn't eat the sprouts. Everyone is missing out that doesn't eat brussel sprouts!  They are dank man and so good for you, beautiful mini cabbages. 

Step 1:  Buy chicken legs and marinate in something (I chose teriyaki).  Grilled chicken legs are so tasty on their own they really don't need much marinade. 

Step2:  Wash and cut 3 whole zucchinis in half, cutting off ends.  Scoop out middle, I used a melon baller but a regular spoon will work.  Mix diced ham and about 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese (I used 2% Italian) in bowl and put into boats. 

Step 3:  Preheat oven to 425.  Cut ends off of sprouts and halve.  Rinse, drain, put on baking sheet.  Spray with Pam, I used Olive Oil Pam, sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast and toss a few times for about 30 minutes. 

Step 4:  Whilst roasting, grill legs and boats. 

Step 5:  Pig out!!

That is it, super simple and super delicious.  The beauty is you can play with all of this.  Add balsamic to your sprouts, cheddar to your boats, Italian dressing to your legs...your chicken legs that is.  Have fun experimenting and Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment