Thursday, April 25, 2013

Caden's Monster Party!

My little monster had his first birthday last weekend.  I wanted to have this posted earlier, but it has just been crazy around here lately.  I got the idea for the theme because his behavior was questionable at best for the first six months so naturally one of his many nicknames is Monster.  Interested in the whole story click here.

I envisioned eyeballs everywhere and think I achieved that. Everyone thought I went to pinterest and went crazy but actually I am not a big pinterest fan.  I click on stuff and nothing happens and I get annoyed so pinterest is a no go for me usually.  I get an idea in my head and start googling...that takes me from place to place.  For the most part, I already knew what I wanted but didn't know how to make it happen so I googled tutorials.

He loves anything that is musical and any ball.  His daddy plays the drums and so does Mr. Tots.  So we ended Saturday in the basement drumming until his heart's content.  He woke up on Friday, his actual birthday, to a ball pit and a new music table.  He loved both of them!  I ordered a kiddi pool from Amazon with giant eyeballs on it!  Super affordable and easy to do and was the centerpiece at the party for the babies to play in. 













I got the idea for the balloons here...I didn't make it nearly as big and only did it in green and blue.  I then taped eyeballs to each balloon...came out looking very cute and monstery!  As a side note, double sided tape is flipping awesome!  I had never played with it  before and it quickly became my new best friend during this party endeavor. 








I learned to make the puff balls here.  Its a long story of how I came up with this idea but basically I did tulle pom poms for Brennan's Princess Party last month and wanted something similar.  I did them with blue tissue paper and taped eyeballs on them, some with wire, some just all over.





The pinwheel tutorial was from this website...these actually took a lot longer than I thought which is why I only made two of them.  I used poster board instead of printer paper to make them bigger which is why I think it took so long.  I then simply glued an eyeball in the middle. 










I made the front door wreath super easily...took square pieces of tissue paper, twisted in the middle to a point and taped to a styrofoam wreath.  I then of course taped eyeballs all over it.  This was super easy and fast. 



Apparently I forgot to take a picture of the wreath and party favors so these are after the fact pictures.  For the favors, I took blue and green buckets and taped eyeballs on them, filled them with blue and green grass and various toys.  I originally was going to make stuffed monsters and have them as favors, but a dear friend died the week before so I ran out of time.


There were squishy balls all over the place and around the food.  A monster cake surrounded by eyeballs and a smash cake were for dessert of course.  I straight up stole the idea for the juice boxes here and taped eyeballs to the cups, super fast and easy. 


The weather was perfect.  Everyone was in great moods.  The big kids went out and played on the trampoline and in the yard.  The little kids played inside in the ball pit and with other toys.  The adults were playing cornhole and hanging out on the deck in the sunshine.  The smash cake was a huge success.  Thank you to everyone for making my little monster's first birthday such a wonderful success! 

                                                  Now enjoy the onslaught of photos below!















No comments:

Post a Comment