Friday, March 29, 2013

Beer makes me crave bad things...

Last night we had friends over.  I drank one beer and stayed up way past my bedtime.  The result:  cranky and bloated today.  This is why I don't drink anymore...lame I know.  It truly is amazing how much being a mother to young kids changes a person.  Every time I drink beer now this happens and I crave very bad for me things and yet I still do it because of one very simple fact...Beer is delicious!  And I don't care for light beer either.  I want the good stuff.  Last night hubby and I split a large bottle of Hefeweizen I got from Trader Joes.  It did not disappoint!! 

So fast forward to lunch today...I was hungry and craving carbs.  No salad or shake was going to do it today so I got out my points calculator and started doing math.  This is what I came up with...The mandarine oranges and pickle are zero points.  The sandwich was 5 points and the reduced fat tortilla chips were 3 points and salsa was 0. 

I used light bread at 1 point each, turkey at 2 points for 2 ounces, and a reduced fat dairy/egg free mayo at 1 point per tablespoon.  I slapped a piece of 2% cheese on there and some sliced tomato at 0 points each.  As a side note, light bread toasts much faster so my bread was quite crispy.  It didn't bother me but I assume this would upset many so keep an eye on it.  It absolutely did the trick and I didn't blow my diet.  I'll have to remember this lunch in another 3 or 4 weeks when I decide to have another beer because we all know it is going to happen.  The yummy deliciousness just calls to me and finally I have no choice but to answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment